mask Department BLOCK

Police searching for suspects caught on video robbing Tacony 7-Eleven at gunpoint

Reading now: 398

PHILADELPHIA - Investigators with the Philadelphia Police Department are working to identify and find suspects accused of multiple robberies at a 7-Eleven store in Tacony.

Authorities say on July 18 at 7:15 a.m., one of the suspects walked into the 7-Eleven on the 6900 block of Torresdale Avenue with no mask and left without purchasing or taking anything.

One minute later, the suspect returns wearing a mask before he simulated he had a gun and demanded money, police say. MORE LOCAL HEADLINESAccording to officials, after taking an undisclosed amount of money, the suspect fled the store.

Police say the same suspect returned to the store on August 19 at 5:12 a.m. with a second suspect. The two went behind the counter with guns and demanded money, authorities say.

The website is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Scott Small - Man accused of shooting girlfriend in head, barricading in Ogontz apartment in custody, police say -
Man accused of shooting girlfriend in head, barricading in Ogontz apartment in custody, police say
PHILADELPHIA - A man is in custody after he shot his girlfriend before barricading himself in a home, police say. According to Chief Inspector Scott Small, the incident happened just after 3 a.m. on Thursday. Authorities say 35th District officers on patrol heard multiple gunshots coming from the area of Ogontz and W Nedro Avenues. Police checked the area and received a 911 call for a report of a woman shot on the 5800 block of Ogontz Avenue, Small says. After receiving reports of the shooting, investigators learned a woman, 29, drove herself about one mile to Einstein Hospital with a gunshot wound to the head, according to police. Authorities say the woman suffered from a graze wound and is in stable condition. MORE LOCAL HEADLINESSmall says the woman told police that she was standing outside of a garage and tire shop on the 5900 block of Ogontz Avenue when she was shot by her "on-again, off-again" boyfriend. According to authorities, the woman said the boyfriend had an apartment inside of the garage. Police saw the man inside the property, but he refused to come out, officials say. The situation was upgraded to a barricade after multiple attempts to get him out of the building failed and the SWAT unit were called in, Small says. Authorities say as the police presence increased, the man exited the building and was taken into custody. A second man was also inside the tire shop and he is being held and questioned as a witness, according to police. Detectives from the Philadelphia Police Department's non-fatal shooting unit are continuing to investigate. This is a developing story.
PSP: Missing, endangered woman from Connecticut killed in police chase in Chester Heights - - state Pennsylvania - state Connecticut - county Chester - city Concord
PSP: Missing, endangered woman from Connecticut killed in police chase in Chester Heights
CHESTER HEIGHTS, Pa. - A woman died after she crashed head-on into a pole as police were chasing her in Chester Heights Borough on Wednesday. According to Pennsylvania State Police, troopers on patrol came upon a running vehicle in a parking lot around 1 a.m. in Concord Township. Authorities say the car's registration information revealed that the vehicle, a 2012 Ford Focus, and thedriver, a 50-year-old woman, were listed as missing and endangered from Connecticut. Troopers approached the car and saw an unresponsive female in the driver's seat, officials say. State Police says troopers tapped the window, causing the woman to wake up. Troopers say the woman then began to exhibit signs that she was possibly undergoing a mental health episode and she sped away. MORE LOCAL HEADLINESTroopers followed the woman as she fled and attempted to stop her, but she put the car in reverse, striking the troopers' patrol car before going north in the southbound lanes towards oncoming traffic, according to Pennsylvania State Police. Authorities say the woman then drove back into the northbound lanes recklessly while ignoring lights and sirens from troopers. As the troopers continued to follow her, she drove head on into a utility pole on Valleybrook Road and was ejected from the vehicle, according to officials. Police say she was pronounced dead on scene and that an investigation is ongoing. This is a developing story.