hospital patient reports Action Extreme Investigations

Surgeon operated without consent on boy's genitals as he's a 'bit of a nosey t***'

Reading now: 381
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

A surgeon said he operated on a 12-year-old's genitals without consent because he was 'a bit of a nosey t***'. Commander Anthony Lambert, a decorated military surgeon, had been performing an umbilical hernia repair on the child when he said he noticed the boy's genitals 'didn't look normal'.

However, without the patient or their parent's consent, he then decided to operate on the boy's genitals as he was still unconscious.

A medical tribunal into his actions heard that the 'extremely senior and respected practitioner' - who served in the Royal Navy for 36 years and reached the rank of Surgeon Commander - "undertook a freeing of preputial adhesions on Patient A's penis without the knowledge or consent of either Patient A or his parents, and that his language when informing them of what he had done was inappropriate." DevonLive reports that three days later mother of the boy submitted a complaint, stating that Cdr Lambert had carried out the operation on the boy's gentials without her or her husband's knowledge or consent.

The tribunal heard that Cdr Lambert's inappropriate comment to the boy and his mother came from his explanation as to why he carried out the procedure, namely that he had said: "...because I am a bit of a nosey t*** I noticed that [Patient A]'s penis did not look quite normal..." Following a tribunal, he has now been suspended for six months The tribunal noted that when interviewed, Cdr Lambert had said this was "the first time in 16 years I've had a complaint".

Read more on manchestereveningnews.co.uk
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

TikTok influencer dead after ignoring cancer sign - nypost.com - Australia - Romania
nypost.com
81%
109
TikTok influencer dead after ignoring cancer sign
A makeup artist to celebrities and influencer on TikTok has died after she ignored what can be a sign of cancer.On Thursday, mourners in Anca Molnar’s home country of Romania lined the road and applauded as her coffin passed by.They held up pink and purple umbrellas and threw white petals on a red carpet, reported Romania’s Pro. TV.Molnar, 35, died of a brain tumor on Tuesday morning.Her husband Claudiu said his wife has given him and their son Patrick “the best years of our lives.”Before she died, Molnar uploaded a poignant post to social media saying she fought the disease “until the last drop of hope.”She had been known in the European country for her makeup artistry with local personalities and had built a loyal social media following.A close friend of Molnar said she had ignored a series of headaches, which can be a sign of the cancer.“She had been experiencing excruciating headaches more frequently.“Initially, she didn’t think much of them, because that’s how we are, but she found herself struggling to carry out her daily tasks consistently,” Alina Radi said.Molnar, from the city of Timisoara in Romania’s west, only went to see a doctor just over a year ago when the pain became severe, added Ms Radi.She was diagnosed with the disease but doctors in Romania said the cancer had progressed to a point where there was little they could do.According to Australia’s Cancer Council, headaches can be an early sign of brain cancer.
DMCA