James Cameron BBC prevention reports Extreme James Cameron

James Cameron says Titanic sub search was a 'nightmarish charade'

Reading now: 554
www.fox29.com

prolonged the agony of the families of the passengers.Cameron told the BBC in an interview broadcast on Friday that he "felt in my bones" that the Titan submersible had been lost soon after he heard it had lost contact with the surface during its descent to the wreckage of the ocean liner at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.READ MORE: With fate of Titanic-bound submersible clear, focus turns to cause of fatal implosionHe said focus in the media over the next few days about the submersible having 96 hours of oxygen supply — and that banging noises had been heard — were a "prolonged and nightmarish charade."Deep-sea explorer and Academy Award-winning filmmaker James Cameron sits in a scale model of the Deepsea Challengers pilot chamber at an exhibition about his history-making deep-sea expeditions in Sydney on May 28, 2018. (Photo credit should read SAE "That was just a cruel, slow turn of the screw for four days as far as I’m concerned," he said. "Because I knew the truth on Monday morning."The Titan launched at 6 a.m.

on Sunday, and was reported overdue that afternoon about 435 miles (700 kilometers) south of St. John’s, Newfoundland. On Thursday, U.S.

Coast Guards said debris had been found on the ocean bed. Authorities said all five people aboard the submersible died when the vessel imploded.READ MORE: Titanic shipwreck: A look at notable people, companies who have made the expeditionCameron, who has made more than 30 dives to the wreckage of the Titanic, said he knew an "extreme catastrophic event" had happened as soon as he heard the submersible had lost navigation and communications during its descent."For the sub’s electronics to fail and its communication system to fail, and its tracking transponder to fail.

Read more on fox29.com
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Gunman who killed 11 people in a Pittsburgh synagogue found eligible for death penalty - fox29.com - Usa - state Pennsylvania - city Pittsburgh, state Pennsylvania
fox29.com
54%
536
Gunman who killed 11 people in a Pittsburgh synagogue found eligible for death penalty
TREE OF LIFE SYNAGOGUE, PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA, UNITED STATES - 2018/10/29: Members of Pittsburgh and the Squirrel Hill community pay their respects at the memorial to the 11 victims of the Tree of Life Synagogue massacre perpetrated by suspect Rob PITTSBURGH - The gunman who killed 11 people at a Pittsburgh synagogue in 2018 is eligible for the death penalty, a federal jury announced Thursday, setting the stage for further evidence and testimony on whether he should be sentenced to death or life in prison.The government is seeking capital punishment for Robert Bowers, who raged against Jewish people online before storming the Tree of Life synagogue with an AR-15 rifle and other weapons in the nation’s deadliest antisemitic attack. The jury agreed with prosecutors that Bowers — who spent six months planning the attack and has since expressed regret that he didn’t kill more people — had formed the requisite legal intent to kill.Bowers’ lawyers argued that his ability to form intent was impaired by mental illness and a delusional belief that he could stop a genocide of white people by killing Jews.Testimony is now expected to shift to the impact of Bowers’ crimes on survivors and the victims’ loved ones.Bowers, 50, a truck driver from suburban Baldwin, killed members of three congregations who had gathered at the Tree of Life synagogue on Oct.
DMCA