Spencer Matthews Amy Dowden Strictly Come Dancing Spencer Matthews Amy Dowden

Strictly's Amy Dowden reveals baby plans following gruelling cancer battle

Reading now: 432
www.ok.co.uk

Strictly professional dancer Amy Dowden has revealed that she is creating five embryos with husband Ben Jones - after being told by doctors that she can no longer conceive naturally following her cancer treatment.

Amy, 33, who was diagnosed with breast cancer last May, confessed that the news wasn’t easy to take in. After her shock diagnosis, the professional dancer, 33, was told she had a two-week window for her and her partner to try and create embryos that could be frozen for future use.The Welsh star has now revealed that they were successful in doing this - but can’t try to start a family yet as it would create hormones in her body that may feed the cancer.

In good news, however, Amy - who joined Strictly in 2017 - had a recent check-up which revealed that she had 'no evidence of the disease', though she will only get the final all-clear in between four and five years.

Opening up previously about finding out she had cancer, Amy said: “'In the words of "Sorry, Amy, you have cancer", what I found harder was in the next sentence. 'You know, newly married, we'd only been married in July (2022), and this was only in the spring (2023) now. 'And his next sentence was 'And what's your fertility plans because unfortunately you've got a hormone-fed cancer' - and I never knew anything about that - and basically "We're gonna have to shut down your hormones". “I'm sat there with my husband, and obviously children were on the radar or, you know, plans.

Read more on ok.co.uk
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Royal Family - William - Kate Middleton - princess Anne - Kate - prince William - queen Camilla - Charles Iii III (Iii) - Prince William back in public for the first time since Kate’s cancer announcement - nypost.com - Britain - county Prince William
nypost.com
52%
126
Prince William back in public for the first time since Kate’s cancer announcement
Prince William returns to public duties on Thursday for the first time since his wife’s cancer diagnosis, bolstering the royal family’s ranks as health problems continue to sideline the princess and King Charles III.William is set to visit a surplus food redistribution center and a youth club it serves, highlighting efforts to reduce food waste as a way to cut greenhouse gas emissions and feed people in need. The prince stepped away from public duties after Kate, the Princess of Wales, announced on March 22 that she was undergoing treatment for an unspecified type of cancer.In a video message released that day, Kate asked for “time, space and privacy” as she and her family adjusted to her diagnosis.“I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family,” she said at the time.“It has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be okay,” she added.Both Charles and Kate have been largely absent from the public stage since January due to health problems, leaving Queen Camilla, Princess Anne and other members of the royal family to pick up the slack on the whirl of events and awards ceremonies that dominate the work of Britain’s monarchy.Charles announced on Feb.
DMCA