Citi Nov

Free meals being served up for students across Philadelphia this summer

Reading now: 151
www.fox29.com

Lunch at the Aloma Elementary School cafeteria on Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017. The district encourages kids to put items from the school lunch they know they will not eat on a "share table" so others can have them, if they want.

Items kids dont take are pa PHILADELPHIA - As the school year comes to an end, the city of Philadelphia is offering free meals to keep kids healthy and fed all summer long.The Philadelphia Free Summer Meals Program kicks off Tuesday at more than 300 free meal sites around the city:All meals are free to children ages 18 and younger, and serve nutritious foods, including milk, fruit and vegetables.The program aims to give students access to healthy meals while school is out for the summer.To find a free summer meal site, visit the City of Philadelphia website..

Read more on fox29.com
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Jim Kenney - Mike Carroll - I-95 to reopen in Philadelphia Friday: officials - fox29.com - state Pennsylvania - city Philadelphia
fox29.com
48%
228
I-95 to reopen in Philadelphia Friday: officials
PHILADELPHIA - The collapsed stretch of I-95 is reopening sooner than expected, as Governor Josh Shapiro and Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Secretary Mike Carroll will officially reopen the highway at noon Friday.Festivities will begin 10:30 with the governor and Carroll, along with Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney and Philadelphia Building Trades members and contractors, with the official reopening set for noon.PennDOT Secretary Mike Carroll says teams have been working on the rebuilding process and thinking outside of the box to get the interstate back open. >> I-95 Philadelphia collapse: What you need to know about the damaged highway, reconstruction"We, PennDOT, have approached this challenge and our partners in the city, we wanted to think outside the box. We wanted to make sure that we employed every strategy we could think of to try and get I-95 open in both directions," Carroll said. Pennsylvania Secretary of Transportation Mike Carroll discusses how crews will use a NASCAR jet dryer from Pocono Raceway to help finish working on I-95 through a stretch of rainy days.Here's what you need to know about the temporary lanes that make up the roadway: The roadway is made up of high-tech, lightweight and durable aggregate created by AeroAggregates in Eddystone.
Justin Trudeau - Anita Anand - Canadian Armed - Wayne Eyre - Search efforts end after deadly RCAF helicopter crash near Ottawa - globalnews.ca - Canada - county Ontario - city Ottawa
globalnews.ca
42%
383
Search efforts end after deadly RCAF helicopter crash near Ottawa
Royal Canadian Air Force helicopter has ended and the two members are confirmed by the military to have died in a crash early Tuesday near Ottawa.The Department of National Defence confirmed the deaths in a statement Wednesday.“The two missing air crew members from the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) CH-147F Chinook that crashed in the Ottawa River in the early hours of Tuesday June 20, were found last evening,” the department said.“Tragically, neither member survived.”The names of the deceased individuals are not being released at the request of their families.The four-member crew was on a training mission when the Chinook helicopter they were in crashed into the Ottawa River near Garrison Petawawa, Ont.Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was the first to confirm any deaths from the crash Tuesday afternoon, but did not did not specify which members or how many had been killed.“This incident is a painful reminder that members of the Canadian Armed Forces undertake great risks to defend Canada, whether in combat or in training,” said Defence Minister Anita Anand in a press conference Wednesday morning.She said both of the members injured in the crash were treated for minor injuries, and have since been released.A team of more than 110 Canadian Armed Forces members on the shore and water, an Ontario Provincial Police marine and dive unit, and local fire departments were involved in the search mission Tuesday.Chief of Defence Staff Gen. Wayne Eyre said the incident was a reminder that military service can be “dangerous work.”“Our people know the risks, and they take them willingly,” Eyre said.
DMCA