Netflix Bafta

‘Baby Reindeer’ cast walk BAFTA red carpet amid legal threats from ‘real-life’ Martha

Reading now: 166
www.nme.com

Baby Reindeer including stars Richard Gadd and Jessica Gunning have walked the BAFTA red carpet amid legal threats from the ‘real Martha’.The recent Netflix series claims to tell the “true story” of creator Gadd’s real-life stalking experience, with Gunning portraying stalker Martha.The woman who allegedly serves as the real inspiration for the Martha character, Fiona Harvey, took part in an interview with Piers Morgan Uncensored last week (May 9), in which she denied multiple times that she had stalked Gadd between 2014 and 2015.She also said she was “taking legal action against Richard Gadd and Netflix” and that “we have instructed lawyers in part, but we want to explore all of the options out there.

There are a number of people to sue.”Gadd and Gunning, as well as fellow star Shalom Brune-Franklin (who plays Keeley), were seen at the TV BAFTAs last night (May 12), which was dominated by wins for Happy Valley and Top Boy.

Gadd and Gunning also presented an award during the ceremony.During her interview with Morgan, Harvey revealed she hadn’t watched Baby Reindeer, saying: “Not at all.

I’ve heard about the court scene, about the jail sentences and all this sort of stuff… I haven’t watched any of it.”She also counter-claimed the stalking allegations, alleging that she herself was the victim, claiming she met Gadd only a few times and asked him to “leave her alone”.

Read more on nme.com
The website covid-19.rehab is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Bruce Springsteen - Bruce Springsteen cancels European shows over ‘vocal issues’ — months after he battled peptic ulcer disease - nypost.com - Usa - city Madrid - city Prague - city Milan
nypost.com
81%
108
Bruce Springsteen cancels European shows over ‘vocal issues’ — months after he battled peptic ulcer disease
announced Saturday, just before the show was slated to start.“We thank you for your understanding and will keep you informed of the new date very soon. Show tickets will be valid for the new date and, for those who want, they will be eligible for reimbursement at point of purchase.”On Sunday, however, “further examination and consulting has led doctors to determine that Bruce should not perform for the next ten days,” according to a statement Springsteen, 74, shared on social media.Also postponed were Tuesday’s show at the Airport Letnany in Prague and two shows at the San Siro Stadium in Milan on June 1 and June 3.“Bruce is recuperating comfortably, and he and the E Street Band look forward to resuming their hugely successful European stadium tour on June 12 in Madrid at the magnificent Civitas Metropolitan,” the statement added.Springsteen’s vocal issues come just two months after the “Glory Days” singer resumed the US leg of the tour after canceling all dates in September, when he revealed he was diagnosed with peptic ulcer disease.The rocker — who is known for performing marathon shows that run up to three hours — worried that the disease would affect his voice.“When I had the stomach problem, one of the big problems was I couldn’t sing,” Springsteen said in March on SiriusXM’s “E Street Radio With Jim Rotolo.”“Before people told me, ‘Oh no, it’s gonna go away, and you’re gonna be OK.’ [But] you’re thinking like, ‘Hey, am I gonna sing again?’” the “Born to Run” singer admitted.
DMCA